We are looking for a part-time Corporate Services Assistant who will work during the afternoon five days a week, 1:00pm to 6:00pm. This role is designed to work in tandem with an office administrator who will work in the morning. It is expected that there will be a short handover each day, to ensure that the office always runs smoothly. The role will report to the Organizational Development Manager and the Global HR Manager.
This is a great internship opportunity for a student working toward an English, education, communications, or related degree, looking to utilize their skills in a professional office. This job is not limited to students, and could also be suitable for someone with skills in proof reading or editing looking for a part-time role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative, HR, and Document Preparation Support (60%)
- Prepare and set-up video and audio conference call facilities for staff meetings and other cross-office meetings
- Provide support to staff in DC Office. This may include:
- Assist in the preparation of client-ready documents, including proof-reading, formatting, and creating high-quality presentations with creative graphics
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and organizing meetings, teleconferences, and videoconferences
- Book flight or hotel reservation when required
- Assist with travel documentation such as obtaining travel visas or renewing passports
- Produce and deliver documents. Document production may include printing, copying, and binding documents produced in the office, liaising with printing companies in Washington to ensure documents are produced to the required standard when document production is outsourced, and sending documents to clients or associates by email, mail, or courier to ensure timely delivery
- Prepare and distribute weekly staff meeting notes
- Assist in electronic filing and archive system maintenance
- Assist with annual social events: invitations, logistics, document production, et
- New Hire induction support, including setting up workstations, administrative induction trainings etc.
- Ad hoc HR administrative tasks as required
- Maintain an efficient, neat, organized, and attractive reception, kitchen, and general office area
- Following all Castalia procedural checklists
- Welcome and receive visitors to the office and ensure they are directed to the relevant staff member(s)
- Water/coffee service, organize food orders, equipment set-up, etc.
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing mail, shipments, and couriers are dealt with promptly and on-time to meet deadlines
- Operate the Castalia telephone systems, directing calls to appropriate individuals as outlined in the reception manual
- Maintain central records of all service providers to the Washington Office (for example, mail, courier, fax, copiers, printing and binding, office suppliers, and so on) when needed
- Assist with updating and maintaining telephone lists and contacts database (via MS Outlook) as required.
IT Support (15%)
- Managing IT Support for the Washington office, including liaising with OxygenIT
- Maintain equipment register for all staff and spare equipment
- Assist with providing staff with all necessary work-station equipment—setting up a laptop, wireless connections, etc.
- Immediate technical problems will always take priority (i.e. server down, individual laptop issues) – Communicate with OxygenIT
- Knowing where the wireless access point and the internet connection router is, and how to restart it
- Knowing how to use the local administrator account
- Knowing how to locate and direct staff to IT Knowledgebase in SharePoint.