We are looking for a part-time Office Administrator who will work during the morning five days a week, 8:30am to 1:00pm. This role is designed to work in tandem with a Corporate Services Assistant who will work in the afternoon. It is expected that there will be a short handover each day, to ensure that the office always runs smoothly. The role will report directly to the Organizational Development Manager.
This role would suit a variety of people, including a student looking for an internship during studies, a parent looking for work during school hours, or anyone looking for part-time work in a professional office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an efficient, neat, organized, clean and attractive reception, kitchen, and general office area
- Following all Castalia procedural checklists
- Maintain all office and kitchen supplies as necessary
- Welcome and receive visitors to the office and ensure they are directed to the relevant staff member(s)
- Water/coffee service, organize food orders, equipment set-up, etc.
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing mail, shipments, and couriers are dealt with promptly and on-time to meet deadlines
- Operate the Castalia telephone systems, directing calls to appropriate individuals as outlined in the reception manual
- Ensure that printers and copiers in working order (supplied with paper, toners changed according to schedule, service technician called promptly when necessary, etc.)
- Create and maintain central records of all service providers to the Washington Office (for example, mail, courier, fax, copiers, printing and binding, office suppliers, and so on) when needed
- Assist with updating and maintaining telephone lists and contacts database (via MS Outlook) as required.
Administrative and HR Support (40%)
- Prepare and set-up video and audio conference call facilities for staff meetings and other cross-office meetings
- Provide support to staff in DC Office. This may include:
- Assist with planning, coordinating and organizing meetings, teleconferences and videoconferences
- Book flight or hotel reservation when required
- Assist with travel documentation such as obtaining travel visas or renewing passports
- Produce and deliver documents. Document production may include printing, copying, and binding documents produced in the office, liaising with printing companies in Washington to ensure documents are produced to the required standard when document production is outsourced, and sending documents to clients or associates by email, mail, or courier to ensure timely delivery
- Assist in electronic filing and archive system maintenance
- Assist with annual social events: invitations, logistics, document production, et
- Communicate with the building through the Tenant Portal. Use the online system to report maintenance issues need (e.g. when the temperature need to be adjusted, a light burns out, etc).
- New Hire induction support, including setting up workstations, administrative induction trainings etc.
- Ad hoc HR and administrative tasks as required
IT Support (10%)
- Assist with providing staff with all necessary work-station equipment—setting up a laptop, wireless connections, etc.
- Training and assisting staff with proper use of company equipment
- Immediate technical problems will always take priority (i.e. server down, individual laptop issues) – Communicate with OxygenIT
- Knowing where the wireless access point and the internet connection router is, and how to restart it
- Knowing how to use the local administrator account.